|“||A song that will overwhelm your eyes.||”|
—Jin's Song Introduction
|Music and lyrics||Shizen no Teki-P|
|Illustrations and Movie||Shidu|
|Sung by||Hatsune Miku|
|Uploaded||September 30, 2011|
|NND Link||Nicovideo Broadcast|
|YT Link||Youtube Broadcast|
Heat-Haze Days (カゲロウデイズ Kageroudeizu) is the third song of the series.
- This song was uploaded on September 30, 2011, and quickly gained in views, becoming Shizen no Teki-P's most popular song, and in turn the most popular song in the series. It has reached over 3,000,000 views in Nico Nico Douga. It also gave the Project its name.
- The story behind the song revolves around a boy, Hibiya, and a girl, Hiyori. On August 15th, Hibiya witnesses Hiyori running out into the street to retrieve a black cat and getting hit by a truck. The heat apparently mocks him in his daze, and he blacks out. He wakes up on August 14th. He tells Hiyori about his strange dream that took place in the park they were walking in. They decide to go home and just as she steps in front of him, a pole falls from the sky and pierces through her. The heat once again laughs at him, and, before he blacks out, but he notices Hiyori seeming to be smiling as she dies. This process repeats for decades, the same two days happening over and over. Finally, Hibiya decides to take action and pushes Hiyori out of the way of the truck and is killed himself. In the end, it shows Hiyori was also caught in the loop. It turns out that she had been trying to save Hibiya from death, so the cycle still continues on.
- There is another translation of this song, "Kagerou Daze"; however, the official uploaded video of the creator names it "Days".
- Wannyanpu's fanmade PV is so popular, that for a time the extent people were confused with Hiyori's official appearance and Wannyanpu's fanmade version of her.
- Incidentally, the name of the Never-Ending World that Azami created is also Kagerou Days.
Lyrics & Translation
|8月15日の午後12時半くらいのこと||Hachigatsu juugonichi no gogo juunijihan kurai no koto|
|天気が良い||Tenki ga ii|
|病気になりそうなほど眩しい日差しの中||Byouki ni narisou na hodo mabushii hizashi no naka|
|することも無いから君と 駄弁 (だべ)っていた||Suru koto mo nai kara kimi to dabetteita|
|「でもまぁ夏は嫌いかな」猫を撫でながら||"Demo maa natsu wa kirai kana" neko o nadenagara|
|君はふてぶてしくつぶやいた||Kimi wa futebuteshiku tsubuyaita|
|あぁ、逃げ出した猫の後を追いかけて||Aa, nigedashita neko no ato o oikakete|
|飛び込んでしまったのは赤に変わった信号機||Tobikonde shimatta no wa aka ni kawatta shingouki|
|バッと通ったトラックが君を轢きずって鳴き叫ぶ||Batto toota TORAKKU ga kimi o hikizutte nakisakebu|
|血飛沫の色、君の香りと混ざり合ってむせ返った||Chi shibuki no iro, kimi no kaori to mazariatte musekaetta|
|嘘みたいな 陽炎 (かげろう)が「嘘じゃないぞ」って 嗤 (わら)ってる||Uso mitai na kagerou ga "Uso ja nai zo" tte waratteru|
|夏の水色、かき回すような蝉の 音 (ね)に全て 眩 (くら)んだ||Natsu no mizu-iro, kakimawasu you na semi no ne ni subete kuranda|
|目を覚ました時計の針が鳴り響くベッドで||Me o samashita tokei no hari ga narihibiku BEDDO de|
|今は何時？||Ima wa nanji?|
|8月14日の午前12時過ぎ位を指す||Hachigatsu juuyonka no gozen juuniji sugi kurai o sasu|
|やけに 煩 (うるさ)い蝉の声覚えていた||Yake ni urusai semi no oto oboeteita|
|でもさぁ、少し不思議だな。||Demo saa, sukoshi fushigi da na.|
|同じ公園で昨日見た夢を思い出した||Onaji kouen de kinou mita yume o omoidashita|
|「もう今日は帰ろうか」道に抜けた時||"Mou kyou wa kaerou ka" michi ni nuketa toki|
|周りの人は皆上を見上げ口を開けていた||Mawari no hito wa minna ue o miage kuchi o aketeita|
|落下してきた鉄柱が君を貫いて突き刺さる||Rakka shite kita tecchuu ga kimi o tsuranuite tsukisasaru|
|劈 (つんざ)く悲鳴と風鈴の音が木々の隙間で空廻り||Tsunzaku himei to fuurin no ne ga kigi no sukima de karamawari|
|ワザとらしい陽炎が「夢じゃないぞ」って嗤ってる||Wazatorashii kagerou ga "Yume ja nai zo" tte waratteru|
|眩む視界に君の横顔、笑っているような気がした||Kuramu shikai ni kimi no yokogao, waratteiru you na kigashita|
|何度世界が眩んでも陽炎が嗤って奪い去る。||Nando sekai ga kurande mo kagerou ga waratte ubaisaru.|
|繰り返して何十\年。もうとっくに気が付いていたろ。||Kurikaeshite nanjuunen. mou tokku ni ki ga tsuiteitaro.|
|こんなよくある話なら結末はきっと1つだけ。||Konna yoku aru hanashi nara ketsumatsu wa kitto hitotsu dake.|
|繰り返した夏の日の向こう。||Kurikaeshita natsu no hi no mukou.|
|バッと押しのけ飛び込んだ、瞬間トラックにぶち当たる||Batto oshinoke tobikonda, shunkan TORAKKU ni buchiataru|
|血飛沫の色、君の瞳と軋む体に乱反射して||Chi shibuki no iro, kimi no hitomi to kishimu karada ni ranhansha shite|
|文句ありげな陽炎に「ざまぁみろよ」って笑ったら||Monku arige na kagerou ni "Zamaa miro yo" tte warattara|
|実によく在る夏の日のこと。||Jitsu ni yoku aru natsu no hi no koto.|
|そんな何かがここで終わった。||Sonna nanika ga koko de owatta.|
|目を覚ました8月14日のベッドの上||Me o samashita hachigatsu juuyonka no BEDDO no ue|
|少女はただ||Shoujo wa tada|
|「またダメだったよ」と一人猫を抱きかかえてた||"Mata dame datta yo" to hitori neko o dakikakaeteta|
On August 15th, 12:30 in the afternoon,
The weather was incredibly nice
And amidst the sickening rays of the dazzling sun
I spoke with you, for I had nothing else to do
"Well, y’know, I kind of hate summer",
You boldly murmured while petting a cat
Ah, you pursued that cat as it ran away from you
And what jumped out
Was the traffic light that changed to a glaring red
Suddenly, a truck came out of nowhere and struck you as you screamed
Your scent, now mingled with sprayed blood, choked me
In the haze of lies, the haze of heat laughed, "This is all real!"
With that, like a cricket’s sound being disturbed, the light blue of summer darkened away
I woke up upon my bed to the sound of a ticking clock
What time is it now?
On August 14th, sometime past 12 in the morning
I recalled the sound of an awfully annoying cricket
But, y’know, it’s a little strange.
Yesterday, in a dream, I saw us walking in this same exact park
"Why don’t we go home now?"
The second you stepped off the pathway, everyone surrounding us
Turned their heads up to the sky and opened their mouths
From the sky, down dropped an iron pole
That pierced your body straight through
The sound of wind-chimes and your ripping screams filled the spaces between the park trees
In this unnatural scene,
The shimmering heat laughed, "This is the real thing!"
As my vision blurred away, I glanced at your profile, and thought I saw you smiling
Countless times have had me black out
In the laughing heat like this
This cycle has repeated for decades
I realized that a long time ago
In this kind of clichéd story,
There must only be one ending.
Beyond this repeating summer day, it has to exist.
Suddenly, I pushed you aside and jumped into the street;
At that moment, the truck slammed into me
Your eyes and my twisted body were like hazy reflections of the blood that sprayed everywhere
If that praiseful heat haze laughed, “Serves you right!” again
Then this would be what you’d call a normal summer day.
But all of that ended today.
On August 14th, a girl awoke upon her bed
And she said,
"I failed this time, too..." as she cradled a single cat.