|This article is a stub.You can help Kagerou Project Wiki by expanding it.|
|カゲロウデイズ -in a daze-|
|Kanji||カゲロウデイズ -in a daze-|
|Rōmaji||Kageroudeizu -in a daze-|
|English||Kagerou Days -in a daze-|
|Author||Shizen no Teki-P|
|Release date||May 30th 2012|
|None||カゲロウデイズ II -a headphone actor-|
Kagerou Days -in a daze- (カゲロウデイズ -in a daze-) is the 1st novel of the project.
Spoiler Warning: Plot and/or ending details follow
Kagerou Days I
- In the midst of the world that has turned black and white, in tears, Hibiya stands by Hiyori's blood covered body that is sprawled on the ground, refusing to admit the death of his friend. Within the loud voices of the cicadas, the swaying heat haze stands close, seemingly laughing at him. All he can do is to tell her, even though it is too late, that he had loved her.
- Shintaro Kisaragi, an 18 year-old hiki-NEET, is awoken by the sound of sirens and Ene, a cyber girl living in his computer, wishing him a good morning. As he works on creating a song to post on a certain video sharing website, he narrates the events on how Ene was downloaded onto his computer and the annoyance she is to him. As he yells at her for changing his passwords again, he spills his soda onto his keyboard and mouse, breaking them. However, because Obon is taking place, none of the stores that sell replacements will deliver for at least two days. Desperate, he leaves to buy the replacements in person with Ene tagging along in his cell phone.
- When Shintaro reaches the department store, he accidentally bumps into Kido, only to express confusion when she disappears almost instantly. He shrugs it off and continues on to the electronics department of the store, when a loud explosion goes off and security shutters lock down the building. A group of terrorists take the shoppers (Shintaro included) hostage by gathering them, binding their hands with tape and demanding a ransom of 1 billion yen from the police. Next to Shintaro, Kano chuckles and asks him if he has a plan to escape if he got the chance. Shintaro confirms that he does, and Kano informs him that an opportunity will come up soon. Annoyed with Kano's carefree attitude about the situation, Shintaro's voice raises to a volume that catches the terrorists' attention. While their attention is on him, a line of display TV models drop to the floor seemingly on their own. Taking this as the "opportunity" that Kano told him about, Shintaro slips away while the terrorists are distracted and plugs Ene into one of the computers in the PC electronics section.
- Suddenly, Shintaro is struck in the ribs by an unseen force and passes out. After an undisclosed amount of time, he wakes up on a bed in a room full of books, unable to find his phone. He bolts up from his bed suddenly, frightening Marry in the process, who was taking care of him while he was unconscious. In the commotion, Kido, Kano and Momo (carrying Shintaro's phone with Ene inside) enter the room. Momo scolds him and Kido briefly states that they brought him to that room to avoid any trouble. The chapter ends with Shintaro smiling, saying that "their long, long August 15th had begun".
Kagerou Days II
- Hiyori experiences the moments in her dreams over and over again, walking in the the same park, and talking about the same things with Hibiya, but every time, he dies in the end, then the dream ends up repeating itself. At 12:30pm, she offers for them both to return home, grabbing his hand to which he blushes at, which she finds quite uncomfortable yet inevitable. Thinking about how she hates the noisy cicadas, the swaying heat haze, and summer itself, she looks up, as an iron pole comes down towards her.
Kagerou Days III
- The chapter starts with Shintaro summarizing the events that had happened in the morning, which are how he met the Mekakushi Dan. The timeline then switches to present-day, while the Mekakushi Dan is walking home from a day at the amusement park. As they cross a road, they spot a crowd gathering in the front of a park. Curious, the gang creeps closer to see what is happening. In the middle lays a young boy on the ground and another, older one, sits next to him. Knowing they cannot do anything, the gang passes without too much notice. However, Shintaro notices how Ene, with a shocked face, recognizes the sitting boy and mumbles, a name; Konoha. Shintaro looks down and asks what she said. When he looks up again, he sees an ambulance picking up the young boy and the the other following. As the ambulance leaves, Ene tells Momo to hurry and follow the car. Some confusion goes between Momo and Shintaro, before the novel ends.
- Shintaro Kisaragi
- Momo Kisaragi
- Kido Tsubomi
- Kano Shuuya
- Marry Kozakura
- Kenjirou Tateyama
- Hibiya Amamiya (Briefly)
- Konoha (Briefly)