|Height||155 cm (5'1")|
|Weight||43 kg (94 lbs)|
|Occupation||Founder of the Mekakushi Dan / Student|
|Manga||12. Yuukei Yesterday III|
|Novel||カゲロウデイズ -a headphone actor-|
|“||What do you think is the reason for my death?||”|
- Ayano is a girl with long black hair that in some PVs appears dark brown, with two red clips attached to her left fringe. Her eyes are colored in a simple grey. In Toumei Answer, she is seen wearing a red scarf and a black school uniform with a white ribbon attached to it. Her stockings are black and her shoes are dark brown. As she grew up her school uniform changed into a lighter colored one with a bow attached at the chest area.
- The daughter of a teacher, Kenjirou and an archaeologist, Ayaka, as well as the founder and first leader of the Mekakushi Dan. Her member number at the time was "0." She was a cheerful girl who was Shintaro's classmate. It is presumed that she got low grades by the 56 she received in Toumei Answer. Even though she called herself stupid, she was always smiling and seemed to be having fun.
- Favoring Eyes: Her eye ability allows her to see through the eyes of people outside the Heat Haze. However; this is only possible if the other person also possesses Red Eyes. In Route 1, after Shintaro meets her in the Heat Haze, she passes her eye ability to him and is assumed to have died permanently.
- Her favorite character is Noriaki Kakyoin.
- She tended to fold little paper cranes out of Shintaro's tests to cheer him up. Paper cranes stand for happiness and a long life, wherever Ayano knew of this symbolism is unknown though.
- She thinks the red jersey Shintaro wears suits him.
- It was confirmed by Jin that Ayano was Mekakushi Dan member No.0, as she was the original founder.
- She used to wear her hair clips in a cross shape when she was younger, then wore them parallel as she got older.
- "No, I'm no good for him. He needs someone that's even more selfish than him, someone energetic to pull him along... All I do is just follow behind him all the time. I can't do anything..." - Ayano about Shintaro
- "Ehehe. I’m stupid, you know. So it can't be helped." - Children Record Booklet
- "If I had those red eyes myself, could I save someone’s future?" - Ayano no Koufuku Riron