|Species||Medusa / Gorgon|
|Height||140 cm (4'7")|
|Weight||44 kg (97 lbs)|
|Ability||All Eye Abilities|
|Manga||32. Shinigami Record II|
|Anime||07. Konoha's State of the World|
|Novel||カゲロウデイズ IV -the missing children-|
|“||I will love you forever. I will pray forever. That you and him will be happy forever.||”|
Azami (薊 Azami) is a full gorgon/medusa, the mother of Shion, wife of Tsukihiko and grandmother of Marry. She created the Heat Haze, the never ending world, which was originally only created for her and her family to live in.
- Azami has long and curly black hair that reaches down past her hips and grows as snakes. A red hair-band holds it together. Her eyes as that are colored in a crimson red. As for her clothing, she wears a white dress with a black and pink coat over it combined with white stockings and black shoes. There are snake scales on her cheeks.
- She is a full Medusa. Her hair grows as snakes and each snake possesses an unique ability. Because she has an immortal body, she thinks of humans as "dull creatures, that die easily". However, at one time, she fell in love with a young soldier named Tsukihiko, who was the first human to not fear her, and started a family with him. Human lifespans are short, and fearing that she might end up alone again, Azami used the powers of the snakes to create a never ending world.
- Although she seems harsh and cold, Azami cares deeply for her family and leaves them to the never ending world in order to make them happy. When Shion joins her, she blames herself for their unhappiness.
- Snakes: Each one of her snakes has a special ability that gave each member of the Mekakushi Dan their abilities. Azami is able to use the powers of all of her snakes, but only does so out of fear and anger to protect her family.
- Kagerou Days
- Children Record
- Konoha's State of the World
- Lost Time Memory
- Ayano no Koufuku Riron
- Outer Science
- Her favorite word is "xxx". In the fourth novel, she used this word in her diary entry, hinting as her ideal initial.
- She uses "omae", a masculine pronoun, to refer to others in second person, yet she uses "watashi", a feminine pronoun, to refer to herself.
- It is stated in the Children Record booklet that she is seen in Kagerou Days, assumed as the laughing heat.
- Her birthday is the same day as the 'Kagerou Days' occurred, that is on 15 August.
- Jin calls her a very irregular character or "The presence of the fantasy world".
- Jin mentioned Azami's meaning in the language of flowers is "Independence", "Revenge" and "Do not touch". However, there also is the meaning "relief". He also mentioned the birthday flower for August 15th seems to be a sunflower, with the meaning, "I only have eyes for you."
- "I was a fool... I refused to acknowledge the natural order, and what's worse, even tried to involve you two... Somewhere inside, I knew. I knew everything would go wrong because I was here. If I were gone, you two could be happy in this world. If only I hadn't wished for my own happiness. I... just wanted to dream for a little while. To dream a fantasy that I could live with my family. You were dear to me. More precious than anything..." - Azami to Shion as she decides to enter the Heat Haze all by herself (10. Fantasy Forest)
- "How many more times will the three of us be able to greet summer together?" - Azami in her diary (カゲロウデイズ IV -the missing children-)