- Haruka Kokonose: Konoha's past human self. Konoha was actually a video game character Haruka had created before the destruction of the experimental facility. His teacher, Kenjirou, turned Haruka into a sort of cyber being, using Konoha as a body. He was able to switch his body to a new, "ideal" one, when he received his eye power. Haruka and Konoha are two separate entities, with Haruka having been trapped in the Heat Haze, and Konoha alive in the real world after the former exits Azami's world. Haruka can view and hear what Konoha experiences.
- Takane Enomoto: Haruka's former classmate and first friend who he usually spent his time with. She was in love with him. Whether he had feelings for her or not is not revealed, although, it was heavily implied that he reciprocated her feelings, and that he would have liked to confess to her ("I wish I could have told that girl who used to be angry at me...") She's the person he hates to make worry the most, Haruka repeats several times how much he hates to make her cry because of his weak body. She's also implied to be his drawing muse (“Actually, I don’t need a picture of her. I remember everything of her. I can imagine her in detail without anything. Without the picture, I can draw her.”) His last thoughts, both in the anime and novel, are about Takane. ("I want to see you, Takane.") ("That's why, Takane... don't cry anymore.") It's likely they reunite after the events of Summer Time Record.
- Ene: As seen in -In a Daze-, Ene is shown to have recognized Konoha during the accident on the streets and was prepared to chase after him with Shintaro when he was brought away with Hibiya in an ambulance truck. Ene remembers Konoha as the game character of Haruka. In -the children reason-, she expresses her feelings and memories of him after two years to him, but he doesn't remember any of it. It seems Ene refuses to think of him as "Haruka" and calls him an impostor instead.
- Hiyori Asahina: A close friend of Konoha. She developed a crush on him as she visited to take summer courses. He stays at her sister's house. At the end of the anime the Snake of Clearing Eyes is forced to become a surrogate life for Hiyori through Konoha's wish, thus resurrecting her from the Heat Haze.
- Hibiya Amamiya: Another close friend of Konoha. He doesn't remember Konoha's name at first and is very cautious around him. Hibiya's usually rude to Konoha due to Hiyori's crush on him, and it's implied he's just jealous of him. However, on one summer day, when he was unable to see Hiyori, he took his advice and followed him. Konoha made Hibiya a promise to bring back Hiyori, which he fulfills by the end of the anime.
- Kenjirou Tateyama: Haruka's and Takane's former teacher. He once stayed over at his teacher's house for a few nights in order to complete a game for the cultural festival. They used to be in good terms and Haruka thought of him as the only adult he could speak honestly with. But later on, Kenjirou, posessed by the snake, ended up being who brought Haruka to the laboratory and experimented with him, where he would later become Konoha. As Konoha, he currently resides at Kenjirou's house as a foster child.
- Ayano Tateyama: Haruka, like Takane, was a school friend of Ayano. In one scene, it is showed that he helped tutor her because of her poor grades. She supported Haruka and Takane to become a couple.
- Shintaro Kisaragi: Before he was turned into an android, Haruka (along with Takane) used to spend time with Shintaro and Ayano. It was revealed they used to be very good friends, as Haruka has asked Shintaro to teach him how to play videogames so he could play along with Takane. During that time, they grow close. As Konoha, he and Shintaro are also friends, mirroring their past friendship and often spending time together. They even went as far as saving each others' lives. It is unknown if their relationship is in any way affected by them meeting in the past, since Konoha has no memory left and since Shintaro doesn't seem to recognize him.
- Marry Kozakura: He befriended Marry at the Mekakushi Dan hideout after she made him tea. They both share the desire of spending their time with their loved ones, and they seem to be in good terms with each other.
- Azami: Azami has once spoken to Haruka before he transformed into Konoha. Although he did not want it, Azami granted him his new body as Konoha.
- Snake of Clearing Eyes: Konoha was killed while being taken over by the Clearing Snake. It used his body to kill the gang in order to awaken Marry's Medusa powers. Once it has taken possession of the boy's body, the Snake comes under the assumption that through this act the "Konoha" that its new body once belonged to has vanished completely. However, in the final episode of Mekaku City Actors the Snake, posing as Black Konoha, was prevented from achieving its goals of forcing Marry to reset the world's timeline. During this it learnt, to its disbelief, that the personalities of both Haruka and Konoha, who appear to be separate beings, are very much alive. When Kenjirou's wish to be reunited with Ayaka was finally granted through the act of dying, the Snake became distraught, begging the Mekakushi Dan (who were present at the time) to give it a wish that it may grant, as it seems that the Snake cannot remain sentient whilst it is not granting a wish. To answer it Haruka joined the Dan - shocking the Snake further in the process - and presented it with the final wish of his other self, Konoha. Although he still seems to be suppressed somewhat by the Snake as he only appears in a reflection of "Black Konoha", Konoha is still able to speak, and with this he utters his final request: to fulfill his promise to Hibiya by saving Hiyori. The Snake protests, but is helpless as it vanishes along with Konoha, whose fate after this remains unknown. Haruka's shown in Summertime Record, showing his survival.
- Shuuya Kano: In Kagerou Daze IV, Kano helped Konoha to search for Hibiya and Hiyori, and referred to him as the Mekakushi Dan's "Combat Specialist". Kano became shocked when Konoha began to cry, after losing Hibiya again, but later on expressed interest in his eye ability. In the past, Kano actually met Haruka (in the guise of Ayano), and said that he was a really nice guy. It is most likely that Kano is aware of the link between Haruka and Konoha, and he did in fact witness Konoha being placed in the the tank in Kenjirou's laboratory. In the events of the anime Kano used Haruka's image to torment Ene.
- Tsubomi Kido: Kido encouraged Konoha to do what he thought was best for Hibiya and Hiyori, although she expressed to him that she believed that the latter was unable to be reached due to being trapped in the heat haze. She explains the concept of their special eyes and the Kagerou Daze to Konoha, and before he leaves, she tells him that the group is there should he need them.