|Hair color||Light Brown|
|Height||140 cm (4'7")|
|Weight||36 kg (79 lbs)|
|Age||12 (Mekakucity Actors Script)|
13 (Mekakucity Actors; post-series/chronological)
12 (going-on 13) (Mekakucity Talkers; as of Chapter 31)
|Occupation||8th Member of the Mekakushi Dan|
Clearing Eyes (Manga)
|Status||Alive (Songs Route; post-Summertime Record only)|
Deceased (Songs Route; Route XX)
Unknown (Manga Route 1)
Alive (end of Novels Route)
Alive (Anime; post-series)
Deceased (Manga Route 2)
|Manga||18. Kagerou Daze I|
|Anime||02. Kisaragi Attention|
|Novel||Kagerou Daze -in a daze-|
|“||Aun, Oba-san, is written because Oba-san looks like a cow.||”|
—Hibiya about Momo and the kanji on her hoodie
Hibiya Amamiya (雨宮 響也 Amamiya Hibiya) is the eighth member of the Mekakushi Dan. Together with Hiyori he was caught in the loop on August 14th and 15th.
- Hibiya is a young boy with short light brown hair and brown eyes. He wears a white vest with a hood over a blue shirt. He also wears brown shorts and black sandals.
- In one scene in the Summertime Record PV, he is seen wearing a blue hoodie with a black polo shirt underneath.
- In Kagerou Daze -in a day's-, his outfit is slightly altered to a cyan hoodie with dark blue sleeves and details. He wears khaki colored shorts, as well as dark blue sandals.
- He is in the 6th grade at age 12. In the post-series and chronologically, he would be around the age of 13 by his birthday (November 4th).
- Hibiya is mature for his age, but - at least before the time loop - was shown to be very brash. He also has a talent in cooking, which is unusual for boys his age. In order to go to the city with Hiyori, he told his family that he is going to attend classes about India that were available only in the city and that summer.
- Hibiya can be short-tempered and judgmental, and gets easily jealous when his affections for Hiyori are challenged.
- After escaping the time loop and joining the Mekakushi Dan, Hibiya fell into a deep depression over the loss of his crush, Hiyori. Momo managed to pull him out of his depression after considerable effort on her part, and the two began growing closer.
- In the official Mekakucity Talkers spinoff, Hibiya mentions he is studying for Junior High school exams. He would later meet back up with Hiyori "at school".
- Focusing Eyes (目を凝らす Me o Korasu): Hibiya's eye ability has the power to perceive objects and details that are far away from an aerial view.
- Clearing Eyes (目が冴える Me ga Saeru) (Manga Route 2 only): The ability to interfere with and stop the use of other eye abilities completely.
- The typical Japanese school year begins in April and ends in late March. Because Hibiya's birthday is November 4th, and the series takes place around August 15th, Hibiya would age not long after any Loop (provided he survives). Meanwhile, Hiyori, with a birthday in early March, would not age until the next years' March 3rd. In Mekakucity Talkers, Hibiya mentions he is studying for Junior High school exams; he later meets back up with Hiyori "at school". His birthday is also in the same month as Ayano's (hers being November 22nd) meaning if Ayano ages to 18 post-series, Hibiya would age a year higher before her, as well.
- His favorite vegetables are pumpkins.
- He thinks his own name is weird.
- He tends to initially call Momo 'oba-san', which can mean 'aunt' or 'old lady', likely because he is cheeky. (In Manga Route 2, Hiyori apologizes to Momo for it, stating it's because Hibiya is from the countryside, thus, he does not understand manners.) However, later on in the Novels Route, he would come to drop these and begin calling her simply "Momo" (indicating their relationship became closer; as Momo had also requested earlier on that he stop doing so).
- In the novel, his family owns a farm, while in the anime his family owns a dojo.
- He is in love with Hiyori; His love for Hiyori is so strong that he recorded her voice, took many (secret) photos of her, keeping the most beautiful one in his bus pass, and even made a doll of her - completed with a voice button.
- "I really loved you." - Hibiya to a dead Hiyori (-in a daze-)
- "No, I mean, no one is using the term 'Focusing Eyes' anyway, and I thought it'd suit me. It makes it sound like an amazing force." - Hibiya naming his Eye Ability (Kagerou Daze III -the children reason-)