|This article is a stub.You can help Kagerou Project Wiki by expanding it.|
|Kagerou Daze III -the children reason-|
|Kanji||カゲロウデイズIII -the children reason-|
|Rōmaji||Kagerō Deizu III -the children reason-|
|English||Kagerou Daze III -The Children Reason-|
|Author||Jin (Shizen no Teki-P)|
|Release date||May 30th 2013 (Japanese)|
January 26, 2016 (English)
|Kagerou Daze II -a headphone actor-||Kagerou Daze IV -the missing children-|
Kagerou Daze III -the children reason- (カゲロウデイズIII -the children reason-) is the third light novel volume.
Spoiler Warning: Plot and/or ending details follow
Konoha's State of the World
- Haruka talks to an unknown being before turning into Konoha.
Kagerou Daze 01
- Hibiya muses to himself as he rides the bus from school to his home in the country. He expresses his disdain at how his parents see big-city life, and wonders if he could get away with buying himself a cell phone despite not knowing much about them himself. As he wonders who he could ask about getting a cell phone, he thinks of Hiyori.
- He continues to talk about Hiyori and her personality - that she is moody, but very cute and extremely popular with boys her age (Hibiya included). He goes on to call himself the "ultimate Asahina fan", dismissing the futility of other boys who try to strike up conversation with her. Suddenly, Hibiya is snapped out of his thoughts as the bus reaches its destination. As per his routine, he scrambles to show his bus pass to the driver, but finds that it's missing. He begins to panic, but the driver shrugs it off and says that he trusts him.
- When he returns home, Hibiya spends hours finishing his work on sewing a "Talking Hiyori Doll" that he has been working on for more than three months. Inside the doll is a small tape recorder with voice samples of Asahina that Hibiya has collected over the past few weeks. Just as he is about to sew the final stitch into the doll, his mother yells out that he has a phone call. The sudden sound makes him lose his concentration and pierce his sewing needle through the doll, throwing him into a fit of despair. He eventually manages to answer the phone call, and he is surprised to hear that Asahina is on the other line.
- Asahina expresses that she has a "business transaction" to discuss with him. She apparently found his missing bus pass in the school hallway, but Hibiya denies that it's his (despite his name being on it) due to a picture of Asahina's skirt being blown up by the wind being inside it. But instead of being disgusted like he expects, Asahina says that she'll "fulfill his passionate feelings" on the condition that they go to the city together without telling their parents during summer vacation. She wants to go in order to get an autograph from a famous 16 year-old idol, who is a student of her older sister's husband.
- Realizing that the trip is for nothing else but the autograph, Hibiya expresses doubt that she'll fulfil his "wish". To Hiyori's confusion, she asks if he doesn't want a cell phone after all - there was a flyer advertisement for a cell phone in his bus pass case, while the picture that Hibiya was referring to was not. He assumes that another Asahina fan had stolen the photo and left his pass alone before Asahina came across it. When he works out the misunderstanding, he quickly agrees to Asahina's request
Children Record 1
- Shintaro watches a stretcher loading into an ambulance. He tries to chase after the vechicle for the sake of Ene's desperate request, but concedes that his legs would temporarily be useless due to the fact that he only uses them when he goes to the bathroom. While envisaging to what is up with her mind, he discloses that he will never understand. When he finally reaches the hospital, Ene orders Shintaro to leave his phone with a person he did not know at all. He comprehends that her behaviour is ridiculous. He professes that after she returns, he would live his usual life, however, if the Mekakushi Dan would allow him to do so.
- The unknown person appears beside Shintaro, shocking him. When Shintaro questions Ene regarding the man, the cyber girl turns furious which astounds him as he is used to her playful attitude. As soon as Shintaro comments that she might have mistaken the white-haired person as someone else, Ene shrieks that her master 'is so annoying' just to cover her stutters. The person tells Shintaro that when they were talking, Ene told him things like ‘I miss you’ and ‘I thought you were dead’, but he didn't know what she was talking about. As a result, Shintaro and Ene continue firing insults towards each other until noises of metal falling could be heard from the examination room. Shintaro rushes into the room, finding the boy who was on the stretcher on the ground.
- It reveals to be a boy with messy blonde hair while wearing a white vest, who seems to be around the age of 11. Shintaro tries to lend a hand but the effort is left in vain when the boy shoves him away. While muttering about trying to get to a girl named Hiyori, the kid escapes the hospital with tears in his eyes but not before boring a deadly glare towards the white-haired person. Arguing boisterously regarding the runaway child, Ene and Shintaro waste precious seconds giving the kid time to get as far away as possible. Shintaro converses with the unknown person after the squabble, in which the Kisaragi figures out that the youngster's name is Hibiya.
Kagerou Daze 02
Children Record 2
Kagerou Daze 03
Kagerou Daze IV
Kaien PANZER MAST
- Ayano Tateyama
- Haruka Kokonose
- Hibiya Amamiya
- Hiyori Asahina
- Kousuke Seto
- Marry Kozakura
- Momo Kisaragi
- Shintaro Kisaragi
- Shuuya Kano
- Tsubomi Kido