|This article is a stub.You can help Kagerou Project Wiki by expanding it.|
|カゲロウデイズII -a headphone actor-|
|Kanji||カゲロウデイズII -a headphone actor-|
|Rōmaji||Kagerō Deizu II -a headphone actor-|
|English||Kagerou Daze II -A Headphone Actor-|
|Author||Jin (Shizen no Teki-P)|
|Release date||September 29th 2012 (Japanese)|
September 22, 2015 (English)
|Kagerou Daze -in a daze-||Kagerou Daze III -the children reason-|
Kagerou Daze II -a headphone actor- (カゲロウデイズII -a headphone actor-) is the 2nd novel of the project.
Headphone Actor IEdit
- The chapter begins with Takane overhearing a radio broadcast; curious from what it is about, she puts on her headphones to listen. It turns out to be a news interview with a country's president announcing the world was to end that day. Once the president has announced that, she hears many screams and shouts in a language she does not understand. She looks out the red stained window, observing the crescent moon in the deep purple sky obscured by a flock of birds. Takane removes her headphones, goes back into her room and looks around. She glances at a half-finished game and mountain of text books.
- She wonders what she was doing until now and has a vague feeling that she was talking to someone but cannot remember. She tries to persuasive herself that it is a joke and opens a window only to hear a loud siren and the cries of people. The noise grows louder. Takane's teeth start chattering and her lips tremble. She is alone and hates it, so she puts on her soundproof headphones to drown out the cries. only to find the radio has stopped. She can only hear noise and murmurs to herself about giving up already. Just as she says that, she feels like she heard something. Listening more closely, she realizes it is her own voice speaking to her. It asks her if she can hear the voice, then goes on about how Takane still has a place she wants to go and something she wants to say. Takane is unable to remember what, but somehow understands the meaning of it. The voice tells her to trust it and to reach the hill to understand the significance of it, or disappear if she stays here. Takane wipes away her tears and takes a deep breath. The voice asks her if she wants to survive, and with all her strength she begins to run on the trembling ground.
Yuukei Yesterday IEdit
- Takane wakes up, tired and grumpy. Her body senses morning fatigue and tries to think of ways to keep sleeping. She thinks of a few ways:
- One, to feign illness.
- However, Takane decides not to do this. Her grandmother, the only person she was living with, would be worried enough to send her to the hospital. With Takane's strange "illness", she would have to stay in a ward after that, and not do anything, which she finds annoying. Even so, she finds her "illness" to be non-life-threatening, albeit the symptoms.
- Even so, Takane thought about how her late grandfather was worried enough to arrange things so that the high school Takane was going to would treat her carefully. With that thought in mind, Takane decides Plan No.1 was a failure.
- Two, pretend that the school was closed.
- Takane briefly thought about this plan, but remembers that her grandmother was making her lunch. Smelling lunch from the kitchen, Takane feels guilty trying to skip school. With that thought in mind also, Takane decides Plan No.2 was a failure.
- As Takane tries to think up of Plan No.3, she hears her grandmother walking upstairs to wake her up. Takane desperately tries to think, but fails when she hears her grandmother calling her to wake up. Takane reluctantly wakes up, thinking that this was 'GAME OVER'.
- Walking to school in a grumpy mood, Takane sees how her school was energetically preparing for the cultural festival, and despised the cheerful mood of her schoolmates. She thinks about how unproductive the cultural festival was, with its participants messing around to prepare and leaving a mess after the event. And so, Takane walked on, generally annoyed with the whole thing.
- Inside the school, Takane goes in the opposite direction of other students to her "classroom", which was the 'Science Preparation Room'. This room was considered to be the "special needs classroom", because there was no other classrooms available. Including Takane, there were only two students in the class, which Takane thought was slightly boring, but bearable.
- Walking into her class, Takane sees Haruka half-naked with only his underwear on. Speechless, Takane could only try not to stare as Haruka moves towards her. Haruka tries to explain to Takane why he had no clothes on, that he fell into a fountain trying to pet a cat, but Takane disregards his comments and tries to get him to put on his still-wet clothes anyway. As they struggle back and forth putting clothes onto Haruka, their homeroom teacher, Kenjirou, enters the room.
- Kenjirou, with a shocked expression, tries to exit the situation. Takane tries stops him by clearing up the misunderstanding, but he still tries to do so with the notion that he won't be in trouble if he pretended he "didn't know". Takane threatens to call the principal, so Kenjirou, at the speed of light, dresses Haruka up.
- With the problem resolved, Kenjirou starts class. Although reluctant, Kenjirou asks if Haruka or Takane had thought about doing anything for the cultural festival. Takane yells that the class never talked about it, so it was impossible, yet Kenjirou tells her that he already told the principal they would, so they would. Takane did not want to do anything, but because the humiliation of having nothing done on cultural festival day was terrible, as well as the fact that she only had an optimistic classmate and a teacher "less than trash", she feels hopeless. Kenjirou offers to help, but it didn't help the situation at all.
- Takane decides that her class could do an experiment of some sort, and asks Kenjirou for the budget. Kenjirou flinches and glances at something behind a shelf. She follows his gaze and sees an oceanic specimen that she recalled was too expensive for Kenjirou to buy. With Kenjirou's bad acting, Takane couldn't feel anymore angry or disappointed than she did.
- Haruka proposes that they could do a target shooting booth, but was shot down by Takane. Even so, Takane was surprised, and wondered if Haruka was looking forward to the festival. Worried about how Haruka was worried about his condition, Takane tells him to just do it, and she would help. Kenjirou protests, saying that they have no budget, but retracts his statements at the threat of the principal.
- Takane had gotten her class into making a target shooting booth, but is stuck on how to make it actually happen. They couldn't make anything big, so she thought of having DIY, but Kenjirou was incapable of that, and Haruka had his illness. To try to compensate for that, Kenjirou says that he was pretty good at programming. Takane starts to brush him off, but stops herself. With their condition in mind, she wordlessly proposes they make a shooting game. Kenjirou slumps on his chair tiredly, while Haruka is excited.
- Takane proposes that the game will be using a point system, with her playing against other challengers for a single prize, which is the oceanic specimen Kenjirou bought. Although Haruka was initially worried, Kenjirou tells him that Takane was placed 2nd nationally in a grotesque shooting game tournament, in which Takane freaks out about. Haruka is extremely optimistic about it, which startled Takane. Kenjirou jokes about how Takane plays the shooting game so much, which sends Takane into a shouting fit and argument with Kenjirou. As if to end their argument, 1st period bell rings, ending Homeroom. Kenjirou decides to leave the room to plan for the game, and leaves Takane and Haruka to themselves. Takane soon finds herself to be enjoying the whole event.
Headphone Actor IIEdit
Yuukei Yesterday IIEdit
Headphone Actor IIIEdit
Yuukei Yesterday IIIEdit
Headphone Actor IVEdit
Reminiscence Forest (Tsuisou Forest, atlernatively Retrospect Forest) Edit