|“||The story of the eyes saying as much as the mouth.||”|
—Jin's Song Introduction
|Music and lyrics||Shizen no Teki-P|
|Illustrations and Movie||Shidu|
Snake of Clearing Eyes
Takane "Ene" Enomoto
|Uploaded||August 31, 2013|
|NND Link||Nico Nico Broadcast|
|YT Link||Youtube Broadcast|
Outer Science (アウターサイエンス Autāsaiensu) is a song featured on the last album.
- Outer Science features the end of the "Bad End" route, also known as Route XX. It takes places after the goal to combine the snakes and create a new medusa in the real world is prevented by Ayano Tateyama, who gained a snake but did not leave the Heat Haze again. The Snake of Clearing Eyes possesses Konoha, turning into Black Konoha, planning to kill those who received a snake and force Marry Kozakura to reset the timeline.
- The snake is seen in the body of Dark Konoha, together with Azami, its former "master", who is powerless to do anything against the snake, due to the loss of her power to combine the snakes and take back the order for the Heat Haze to bring in anyone who died on August 15.
- It proceeds to ridicule her, Marry, and Kenjirou, his "next master", for their foolish wish to keep living with the ones dear to them. Realizing the situation, Marry starts to cry and to wonder why the deaths of her friends have to repeat all over again. Once more, the snake makes fun of Azami for how the story of her life went, and that she even carelessly allowed herself to fall in love, causing the snake to laugh out loud.
- Being obsessed with the thought of following its master's wish and creating a new medusa in the real world with the power of the snakes, the snake addresses Marry once more, rhetorically asking her about her power of Combining Eyes, which allows her to combine all the snakes and control the Heat Haze, a power her grandmother gave her via the Queen Snake in order to save her life.
- The snake approaches the Mekakushi Dan while possessing the body of Konoha, taking one life after another, until only Marry is left. Kenjirou as well is seen dead on the floor in front of the snake. Not wanting to live in a world without her friends, Marry gives in to the snake's deliberate provocations and uses the power of Combining Eyes to reset the timeline, causing another route of the story to start.
- “This story isn't fictional.
- And that’s why all of your ‘tragedies’
- Are so stupid that it makes me yawn.”
- Just like how when children are told by adults, “That’s so immature,”
- There are times when people are looked down on from above.
- Even if children view it as something grand and magnificent,
- To the adults, it seems lacking and worthless.
- However, imagine that there is an existence that looks down at those adults in the same way.
- This is the song of a monster that overlooks everything.
- People’s lives, hearts, meetings, memories, deaths—
- He looks down on it all, as if they are “stupid” events in a book.
- What if that existence started influencing someone’s everyday life to merely kill time?
- Please enjoy this helplessly unfolding tragedy. (Mekakucity Records Booklet)
Lyrics & Translation
Yobanashi Deceive • Lost Time Memory • Ayano no Koufuku Riron • Otsukimi Recital • Yuukei Yesterday • Outer Science • Summertime Record