|“||The story about seeing eye-to-eye.||”|
—Jin's Song Introduction
|Kanji||想像フォレスト / 空想フォレスト|
|Rōmaji||Sōzō Foresuto / Kūsō Foresuto|
|English||Imagination Forest / Fantasy Forest|
|Music and lyrics||Shizen no Teki-P|
|Illustrations and Movie||Wannyanpu|
|Uploaded||February 03, 2012|
|NND Link||Nicovideo Broadcast|
|YT Link||Youtube Broadcast|
Imagination Forest / Fantasy Forest (想像フォレスト / 空想フォレスト Sōzō Foresuto / Kūsō Foresuto) is the fifth song of the series.
- This song has also received a million views on Nico Nico Douga, and is the first IA song to do so. It is also known as 空想フォレスト/Kuusou Forest (Fantasy Forest) or Imaginary Forest. Jin later decided to officially call it "Fantasy Forest" instead of "Imagination Forest", but it's still most commonly known by its previous name. The song summarizes Marry's life before she became a member of the Mekakushi Dan.
- Marry Kozakura is a 3/4 human, 1/4 medusa girl who is living all by herself in a house in a forest. She believes that the world is simple, but that she is too different to be a part of it. She tries to convince herself that her house, which is not easily noticed, is the reason no one comes to visit. With a hard heart she resigns to loneliness. Since she is isolated from society, everything Marry knows comes from the books she reads. She longs for the real world and asks for forgiveness for doing so. She imagines a wild future, and wishes for said future to knock on her door. Lost in her daydream about experiencing the world, she suddenly hears a voice. In a panic, she spills her tea and does not know what to do.
- In the next scene, Marry's past is shown again, where her mother tells her not to look into anyone's eyes or they will turn to stone. This brings light to the fact that she is part medusa. Wanting to know more about what she is, she looks into her books and reads a story about the Medusa, realizing that creatures like her are feared. She is upset that she was born this way and throws both, the book and a mirror she was holding, to the floor.
- Back to the present, Marry hears the owner of the previously mentioned voice knocking at the door, which has never happened before. She continues to panic and tries to pretend she did not hear the knock, then trips over a book, and the person opens the door.
- Another flashback shows a five-year-old Marry, playing outside and making flower crowns, while her mother, Shion, is inside the house organizing books. Unfortunately, two humans come and try to kidnap Marry, pulling at her hair and harming her body. Shion runs to save her, but one of the humans grabs her leg and trips her up. To protect her daughter, Shion tries to turn the humans into stone, but is hit on the head with a wooden object and dies from the impact.
- Back to the present, Marry hides under a table and covers her eyes. The boy at the door is surprised by her actions. Marry tells him that if he looks into her eyes he will turn to stone, and the boy, not knowing that she is a medusa, takes it the wrong way, as her warning did not specify that he would be turned to stone, so he thinks Marry is talking about herself. He thinks that she is afraid of other people and tells her that he was scared too, then asks if she thinks the world would be better without that fear. The boy puts headphones into Marry's ears and plays music from his phone, which sparks her imagination. The boy puts his hood over her head and gives it to her as a gift.
- In the last scene Marry is seen looking up at her house as the wind blows against her hood, which is now decorated by simple red roses along the edges. She turns around and smiles at Kido and the boy, of whom is revealed to be Seto.
Lyrics & TranslationEdit
|夏風がノックする||Natsu kaze ga nokku suru|
|窓を開けてみると||Mado o akete miru to|
|何処からか 迷い込んだ鳥の声||Doko kara ka mayoikonda tori no koe|
|読みかけの本を置き||Yomi-kake no hon o oki|
|「どこから来たんだい」と笑う||"Doko kara kitan dai" to warau|
|目隠ししたままの 午後三時です||Mekakushi shita mama no gogo san-ji desu|
|世界は案外シンプルで||Sekai wa angai shinpuru de|
|複雑に怪奇した||Fukuzatsu ni kaiki shita|
|私なんて誰に理解もされないまま||Watashi nante dare ni rikai mo sarenai mama|
|街外れ、森の中、人目につかないこの家を||Machi hazure, mori no naka, hitome ni tsukanai kono ie o|
|訪れる人など居ない訳で。||Otozureru hito nado inai wake de|
|目を合わせないで！||Me o awasenaide!|
|固まった心、一人ぼっちで諦めて||Katamatta kokoro, hitori-bocchi de akiramete|
|目に映った 無機物（もの）に 安堵する日々は||Me ni utsutta mono ni ando suru hibi wa|
|物語の中でしか知らない||Monogatari no naka de shika shiranai|
|世界に少し憧れることくらい||Sekai ni sukoshi akogareru koto kurai|
|許してくれますか？||Yurushite kuremasu ka?|
|淡々と流れ出した||Tantan to nagaredashita|
|生まれてしまった理不尽でも||Umarete shimatta rifujin demo|
|案外人生なんで。||Angai jinsei nande.|
|私の中じゃ。||Watashi no naka ja.|
|ねぇねぇ、突飛な未来を||Nee nee, toppi na mirai o|
|想像して膨らむ世界は||Souzou shite fukuramu sekai wa|
|今日か明日でも||Kyou ka ashita demo|
|ノックしてくれないですか？||Nokku shite kurenai desu ka?|
|なんて妄想なんかして||Nante mousou nanka shite|
|外を眺めていると||Soto o nagameteiru to|
|突然に聴こえてきたのは喋り声||Totsuzen ni kikoete kita no wa shaberi-goe|
|飲みかけのハーブティーを||Nomi-kake no haabu tii o|
|机中に撒き散らし||Tsukue-juu ni makichirashi|
|とドアの向こうを見つめました。||To doa no mukou o mitsumemashita|
|「目を合わせると石になってしまう」||"Me o awaseru to ishi ni natte shimau"|
|それは両親に聞いたこと||Sore wa ryoushin ni kiita koto|
|私の目もそうなっている様で||Watashi no me mo sou natteiru you de|
|物語の中なんかじゃいつも||Monogatari no naka nanka ja itsumo|
|怖がられる役ばかりで。||Kowagarareru yaku bakari de|
|そんな事知ってる訳で。||Sonna koto shitteru wake de|
|トントン、と響きだした||Tonton, to hibikidashita|
|ノックの音は初めてで||Nokku no oto wa hajimete de|
|緊張なんてものじゃ||Kinchou nante mono ja|
|足りないくらいで。||Tarinai kurai de|
|ねぇねぇ、突飛な世界は||Nee nee, toppi na sekai wa|
|想像してるよりも||Souzou shiteru yori mo|
|実に簡単にドアを||Jitsu ni kantan ni doa o|
|開けてしまうものでした。||Akete shimau mono deshita|
|目を塞ぎうずくまる姿に||Me o fusagi uzukumaru sugata ni|
|その人は驚いて||Sono hito wa odoroite|
|「目を見ると石になってしまう」||"Me o miru to ishi ni natte shimau"|
|と言うとただ笑った||To iu to tada waratta|
|「僕だって石になってしまうと||"Boku datte ishi ni natte shimau to|
|でも世界はさ、案外怯えなくて||Demo sekai wa sa, angai obienakute|
|良いんだよ？」||Iin da yo?"|
|タンタン、と鳴り響いた||Tantan, to narihibiita|
|心の奥に溢れてた||Kokoro no oku ni afureteta|
|想像は世界に少し鳴り出して||Souzou wa sekai ni sukoshi naridashite|
|ねぇねぇ、突飛な未来を||Nee nee, toppi na mirai o|
|教えてくれたあなたが||Oshiete kureta anata ga|
|また迷った時は||Mata mayotta toki wa|
|ここで待っているから。||Koko de matteiru kara|
|夏風が今日もまた あなたがくれた服の||Natsu kaze ga kyou mo mata anata ga kureta fuku no|
|フードを少しだけ 揺らしてみせた。||Fuudo o sukoshi dake yurashite miseta.|
The summer breeze knocks,
And when I open up the window,
I hear the chirps of birds wandering from afar.
I put a half-read book aside,
And say with a smile, "Where did you come from?"
With my blindfold still on, three in the afternoon
The world is surprisingly simple,
But it's me who's bizzare,
Which no one ever understands...
Outside the town, in the forest,
In this house beyond people's notice...
Yes, that's why none ever come to visit.
Don't make eye contact!
With a hardened heart,
I resign to loneliness,
Living out my days seeing only "things"...
All I know is what's in stories,
And if I long for the world,
Just a bit, will you forgive me for it?
It faintly flowed along;
Even in this irrationality I was born into,
Surprisingly, there was life,
Somewhere inside me.
Tell me, won't that wide world
In which I imagine a wild future,
Whether it be today or tomorrow...
Won't it knock on my door?
As I was having such fantasies,
And gazing outside,
I suddenly heard someone speaking...
I knocked over my half-drunk herb tea,
Spilling it all over the desk.
"What am I to do...?"
I thought, staring past the door.
"Look anyone in the eyes,
And they'll turn to stone..."
That's what my parents had heard,
And it seemed my eyes were the same...
And the way that always goes in stories
Well, such people are to be feared.
I knew that, and that's why.
A thumping sound echoed out,
The first knock I'd ever heard.
And to say I was nervous...
It wouldn't be quite enough.
Let me say, that wild world
That I imagined to knock
In reality, it opened the door
Much more easily than I expected.
Finding me cowering, covering my eyes,
The person was surprised;
"If I look you in the eye... turn to stone.",
I stammered, but he just smiled.
"I've been living afraid as well,
Afraid I'd turn to stone...
But wouldn't the world be so much better
Without that fear?"
My heart overflew with imagination,
And a bit of it rang out into the world.
And tell me, you who came to me
To teach me about a wild future.
That if I'm ever lost again,
You'll be here waiting for me.
Yobanashi Deceive • Lost Time Memory • Ayano no Koufuku Riron • Otsukimi Recital • Yuukei Yesterday • Outer Science • Summertime Record