|Hair color||Dark Green|
|Height||168 cm (5'6")|
|Weight||44 kg (97 lbs)|
|Occupation||Leader of Mekakushi Dan|
|Manga||01. Jinzou Enemy I|
|Anime||01. Jinzou Enemy|
|Novel||カゲロウデイズ -in a daze-|
|“||Completely Blindfolded... Already.||”|
Tsubomi Kido (木戸 つぼみ Kido Tsubomi) is the first member of the Mekakushi Dan and currently its commander.
- Kido is frequently mistaken for a boy due to her androgynous appearance. She wears a red jersey jacket with a high zip collar underneath a dark, pale purple-gray hoodie with a headphone design on the hood and an iPod button design on the front, along with volume bars on the pocket. Her jeans are green with white insides, and the left pant leg is rolled up to signify she's in a gang. Her shoes are mint green converse high tops.  Kido is noted to have a very pretty face by Momo after waking in her bed at the Base, as well as Takane at the school culture festival.
- When she lived with her biological family, Kido wore a white blouse with a red ribbon attached, dress shoes, and a frilly black skirt with thigh highs. She can be seen in the same outfit in Episode 9 of Mekakucity Actors. 
- In the orphanage, she wore a high-collared black sweater and shorts.
- Kido grew up in the same orphanage as Seto and Kano. She is often listening to music through her earphones. Although she is naturally kind and is one of the most level-headed within the group. She is very short-tempered and has difficulty keeping other members, especially Kano, in line. Of course, while she may appear scary at first glance, due to her dark expression and "glare-like gaze," as stated by Kano, she is also very motherly, as stated by Shintaro, who is also impressed by her ability to stay calm around her friends.
- In the past she was, generally, uninterested in what activities her siblings would participate in. However, that doesn't mean that she wouldn't join in on their games from time to time. Her issues with her temper have been around since a relatively young age. Due to her ability, her presence was quite weak until she learned how to control it, often leading to people ignoring her unintentionally, causing her to fear the possibility that she may disappear permanently. With this fact, she would react shy and scared whenever someone would mention not being able to notice her at first. Of course, despite this, she still had a rather arrogant personality.
- After Ayano's death, Kido swore to become stronger so she could support everyone. In order to make her "feel" more like a leader, Kano decided that they should start calling each other with their last names since they sound like code names. Not long after this, when Marry introduced, is when she began to be referred to as 'Danchou' (Commander) by some members of the Dan.
- Concealing Eyes (目を隠す Me o Kakusu): Kido's ability is to "Hide One's Eyes". She can divert perception towards objects and people within 2 meters of herself, rendering them invisible. Conversation while hidden also won't be heard by outsiders. Physical contact, however, breaks the effect, so it isn't useful in very crowded places. Along with this vulnerability, if a person outside the 2 meter bubble is familiar with someone being concealed, her power will not be as strong.
Kido's ability works more when preventing people from recognizing those being hidden, rather than making them unable to be seen. She has practiced to control her ability perfectly so she won't disappear all of a sudden.
- Souzou Forest
- Konoha no Sekai Jijou
- Kisaragi Attention
- Yobanashi Deceive
- Lost Time Memory
- Ayano no Koufuku Riron
- Otsukimi Recital
- Outer Science
- Shounen Brave
- Like the other two from the orphanage, she is referred to by her last name rather than her first name.
- Her favorite bands and artists are Oasis, RADIOHEAD, and Shugo Tokumaru.
- She refers to herself in first person as "ore," rather than "watashi," which is what most females use in Japanese. Along with this quirk, she refers to people in second person as "omae." As a result, her style of speech is considered masculine. Although, as a child, she used female pronouns.
- Although she doesn't like flashy clothing, Kano has mentioned that she owns a frilly skirt somewhere.
- She apparently cooks very well.
- She is not a "tsundere", but a "kuudere", meaning she is soft inside but emotionless on the outside.
- She is afraid of haunted houses and riding rollercoasters.
- Her hoodie, much like her siblings', was a gift from Ayaka to be used to hide their eyes when their powers would activate.
- She likes cute things, such as small animals.
- Kido hates keigo (polite speech) because her biological family often made cutting remarks to her using it. In the orphanage, she used to become very angry whenever Seto used it, most times leading to her lashing out and reacting violently towards him. This eventually led to him changing his speech style and developing a slight verbal tic after Kido explained why she hated keigo so much..
- Her outfit was based on the lyrics of her song, Mekakushi Code.
- Kido is the third character to appear in the anime.
- '"Mekakushi Completion... Do it!"
- "Not what I hate, but what I like...? Eh... hi-" - (Children Record Booklet)